GLOBTEL is a privately held EU-based company with 13 years of experience in telecommunications and RF. Its focus is on research, development and production of advanced wireless communication solutions, already successfully implemented in energetic, security and telecommunication sectors. All experience gathers in GLOBTEL’s core business, a WIRELESS TRIPLE-PLAY SOLUTION, called AIR.
- The Globtel team started to develop the AIR wireless access network in 2003 in the research and development department of AMIS - largest Slovenian alternative telecom operator
- The AIR system is fully operational since early 2004 and its first functional deployment in Slovenia exists since April 2005
- In 2005, Globtel was founded as a separate company with the business objective to further develop and to market the AIR system
- Globtel is backed by private Slovenian investment capital
- 70% work in research and development and have, on average, over 15 years of experience
- 30% work in sales, marketing and in other functions
- Globtel co-operates with over 100 external specialists